Whoopee! We made it a week without Francis in Cedar Rapids. Of course we are eating a little more pizza and watching a few more chick flicks, but we did it! Only a few more days and he will be home for Thanksgiving. We are counting the days...
The girls seem to be handling the idea of moving fairly well; at least that is what Francis and I thought. However, the beginning of our week started out pretty rough with one of the girls exhibiting a lot of aggressive behavior -- pushing, hitting, screaming. By Wednesday though the problem came to light. There was a lot of underlying angst of Daddy being gone for extended periods of time. After some prayers, calls from Dad, and reassuring hugs, we seem to be on track again. The most helpful solution has been evening prayer time. Francis dials in and we put him on speaker phone while he prays for and with us. Technology is amazing. Bringing Daddy virtually home each night!
The other thing I have been learning is how amazing single mothers are. How do these woman go to work, keep their homes clean, cook, and shuttle their children around town for events? I find by the evening I am ready for my husband to come home and rescue me. These woman have no one to do that for them. They are on 24/7. I know that my situation has a definite end and it is easily in sight. My heart and prayers go out to woman who are pulling the work load of both mom and dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You should really download Skype...then the girls could also SEE Francis...makes a huge difference. Then, you could also talk to me!! :) I had a dream last night that Ruth remembered my face but had no clue what my name was - so sad!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hear that! I would probably have the TV on all day for Erik if I were a single mom.
ReplyDelete